WESTERN FOREST PRODUCTS
STILLWATER FOREST OPERATION
STATEMENT OF COMMITMENT
STILLWATER CSA COMMUNITY ADVISORY GROUP
Stillwater Forest Operation has an established and representative CSA Community Advisory Group.
Assistance will be provided to the CSA Community Advisory Group in a variety of ways:
- Conducting local field trips to discuss forestry issues.
- Arranging for guest speakers and resource specialists to address specific issues of interest to the group.
- Providing background information, including information from forest resource inventories, to facilitate the groups' efforts to identify forest values, establish objectives, and define measurable indicators and targets in relation to CSA SFM elements.
- Support development of a local forest resource library to enhance general forestry knowledge.
- Financial support for secretary/facilitator services.
- Providing meeting places and meals for regularly scheduled meetings.
Besides these tangible efforts of support, Stillwater Forest Operation will continue to foster co-operation with the CSA Community Advisory Group by:
- Continuing to maintain CSA Sustainable Forestry Management Certification.
- Striving to continually improve our local forest management to meet CSA Sustainable Forest Management criteria and identified local forest management indicators.
- Making decisions based upon informed, inclusive, and fair exchange of information with the advisory group.
- Responding in writing to each recommendation forwarded from the Community Advisory Group with documented reasons explaining our actions in relation to the recommendations.
We believe that co-operation and co-ordination between ourselves and the local community will continue to provide forest management that is more responsive to local values while still maintaining provincial and international standards for environmental performance.
November 28, 2007